Required for January 2020
Reception Class Teacher
Full time – Maternity Cover
MPS - UPS
The Governors of St. Thomas CE (VA) Primary School are seeking to recruit an inspirational and enthusiastic practitioner who has experience of teaching Reception-aged children within the Early Years Foundation Stage. This full-time position is for a fixed period of up to one year covering maternity leave.
At St Thomas CE (VA) Primary we value lessons that are inspiring, engaging (and often fun) to bring the joy of learning to our pupils. We are a church school and treasure our Christian distinctiveness which is supported by our school motto, ‘Learning for Life, with Jesus.’
The successful candidate must:
- Have an in-depth understanding of outstanding practice in teaching and learning within the EYFS and of the assessment practices for the framework
- Be passionate about providing the very best learning experiences for children
- Be able to work flexibly and supportively within a team.
- Have a willingness to play a full and active role in the daily life of the school.
- Ideally, but not essentially, be a personally committed Christian who is an active member of her/his own church (which is recognised by Churches Together in England) and who is committed to applying her/his own faith practically to the Christian ethos of our school.
Our School can offer:
- Well behaved, enthusiastic pupils who love to learn.
- A dedicated staff team committed to achieving high standards.
- Supportive parents and governors.
- Opportunities for further training and career development.
Prospective applicants are welcome to visit the school - please telephone 01782 787099 to arrange an appointment.
Closing date for applications: 3.30pm on Monday 7th October 2019
Interviews: to be held week commencing Monday 14th October 2019
Candidates will be asked to teach a sample lesson as part of the interview process ahead of the formal interview.
Please post or email applications FTAO: Mr S Hall, Head of School
St Thomas CE(VA) Primary, Poplar Drive, Kidsgrove, Stoke on Trent, ST7 4HT.
Telephone: 01782 787099
St Thomas’ CE(VA) Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands.